Job Title: Marketing Administrative Assistant
Full-Time: 8am to 5pm
Remote: work from home position (weekly check-ins)
Annual Salary: $35-38K (exempt)
Years of Experience: 1-3 years (may consider applicants with non-paid work experience)
About BenBella Books
BenBella Books is an independent publishing house based in Dallas, Texas specializing in nonfiction books on popular culture, health and nutrition, business, science, politics, psychology, and other topics. BenBella offers authors a partnership philosophy, personal attention, flexibility, and a creative approach to marketing.
To provide administrative support to BenBella Books’ marketing team in all necessary administrative tasks, including research, mailings, reporting, data entry, spreadsheet management, proofing, and various other tasks. Preferred 3 years experience.
Candidates should be highly organized, reliable, and self-motivated, with a strong work-ethic. Design skills, WordPress knowledge, and enthusiasm for books and marketing are all pluses, but not required.
Although BenBella is a remote company and candidates must be able to work from home, the position is based in Dallas, with required 2-3 weekly check-in meetings, both in-person and via video conference.
Essential functions of the position:
- Responsible for generating weekly media reports
- Responsible for coordinating mailings with and monitoring stock at warehouse
- Responsible for research to support three book marketers
- Responsible for list management for about 40 titles a year
- Responsible for proofing marketing collateral and copy
- Responsible for making adjustments on WordPress website
Remote working requirements:
- Dedicated office space that can accommodate monitor, computer, printer, scanner (equipment provided by company if needed)
- Reliable high-speed internet, hard-wired preferred
- A home work environment free of interruptions and distractions that would affect work performance.
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to Lindsay Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BenBella Books Core Values
BenBella offers a supportive, casual environment that emphasizes teamwork communication. We look for candidates that fit our core values:
- We balance work and home life. We work in a highly-productive but enjoyable and relaxed work environment.
- We respect ourselves and others and work in an atmosphere of teamwork and growth.
- We strive for excellence in our work. We worry about the details and strive for total reliability.
- We are open and honest. We try to always do the right thing.
- We take responsibility for our actions. We admit mistakes and solve problems.
- We bring creativity into our work, always challenging our assumptions and looking for better ways to achieve results. We are flexible and responsive in a fast-moving environment.
- We treat our authors and agents as partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BenBella provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
We’re not currently hiring for any other positions, but please feel free to send your current resume to Jessika Rieck at email@example.com to file for future consideration.