Anyone who has made the transition to a plant-based diet (or simply tried to incorporate more vegetables onto their plates) would probably agree that a successful dietary transition depends on more than the diet itself. As with any major transformation, roadblocks that impede positive change can come in many forms: mental or emotional barriers, a busy schedule, social pressures, and more. This implies that the more holistic an approach one takes in order to make a change–addressing as many of these potential “roadblocks” as possible, and at their roots–the more likely it is that the change will stick.
Award-winning teacher, transition strategist, fitness expert and dietary coach Lani Muelrath’s The Plant-Based Journey (September 2015) is the perfect guidebook to address these concerns and more. Her thoughtful and multi-faceted approach to the transition to a plant-based lifestyle makes PBJ an ideal resource for those seeking a plant-based guide that’s as encouraging and compassionate as it is practical and science-based. The Plant-Based Journey is divided into five accessible parts:
- Step 1: Awakening: Discover your “why” for eating plant-based
- Step 2: Scout: Assemble what you need for plant-based eating basics
- Step 3: Rookie: Increase the presence of plant foods on your plate with specific strategies and systems
- Step 4: Rockstar: Take your newfound plant-based eating success on the road and to social and family situations
- Step 5: Champion: Sharpen your skills for long-term plant-based living success
Lani has been actively spreading the word about her new book; watch her recent appearance on CBS-TV Good Day Sacramento here!